The refrigerator is the workhorse of your kitchen, and there is a probability that you are not cleaning it well or as effectively as other home appliances. Without proper and regular cleaning, food residue and stains can build up on different surfaces of your fridge. Also, forgotten perishable products can give off foul smells every time you open your fridge door. Cleaning your refrigerator will keep it in good condition and avert unpleasant odors.
Below are the top ways through which you can clean your refrigerator:
Rinse, Dry and Deodorize
- Your refrigerator can provide a good environment for bad odors unless you clean it properly.
- It would help if you rinsed, dried, and deodorized your refrigerator by using chemical cleaners that are not harsh. For example, you can use dry baking soda to absorb bad odors inside your fridge.
- After cleaning and deodorizing, put everything back in an orderly manner.
Pay Attention to Wire Racks
- It would be best to focus on the bottom of wire racks because it is a spot that attracts debris.
- Before cleaning the wire racks, remove and hand wash the removable shelves of your refrigerator.
- You can use mild soap and hot water to wash the removable parts.
- Also, it would be best if you were cautious with the glass components to prevent them from cracking.
Clean from Top to Bottom
- You can clean drawers that you cannot remove by using water and baking soda.
- You need to avoid commercial cleaners with strong scents because the smell can transfer to food.
- You need to clean the unremovable parts of your refrigerator from top to bottom. This helps in preventing drips from landing on surfaces that you have already cleaned.
- Use a cloth to clean most of your refrigerator and a toothbrush to clean crevices that you cannot get to without a cloth.
- Wipe everything with a dry and clean towel.
Clean the Exterior
- Keep your refrigerator sparkling clean with proper exterior cleaning. You can wipe them with a cloth sprayed with a cleaner to help remove grease that tends to build upon the handles.
- Also, remember to occasionally wipe the top of your refrigerator to remove any accumulated dust.
Professional Refrigerator Repair
Our home appliance repair company understands how much you depend on your refrigerator and our professionals are here to guide you on appropriate ways of cleaning it. Contact us for professional refrigerator repair and cleaning services.